Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Life in the big city

After all of this time, I've suddenly started doing things in the city besides working and furniture-shopping.

Saturday night, Vikki and I saw Serenity. It's only open at one theater in the area, and that one theater only had 8:20pm and 11:25pm showings, and for whatever reason they stopped selling online tickets to the 8:20 show. So we went to the late showing, which meant we were getting there (where there is 42nd St, near Broadway) just as all of the shows were getting out. Lots of people. The movie was good, too.

Then, Tuesday night, I went to see a talk by Morgan Spurlock at the Oxonian Society. I was invited through the MIT club of NY, but the talk was on the 4th floor of the Cornell club building. I was there in, of course, jeans and a T-shirt, so I went as quickly as I could through the lounge with the "business casual attire is required" sign by the door. The talk itself was good. I was disappointed with the interviewer, but the audience had some interesting questions for him, and he was able to go off on interesting tangents all by himself anyway.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll go to the Google Print debate at the NYPL tomorrow night. The office has a bunch of tickets they'll be giving out first-come, first-serve starting around 8:30 tomorrow. This means I'll be getting up early tomorrow. (And if I can't get in, at least they have a webcast.)

It's also worth noting that all of these things have been within a 15-minute walk of my office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home