Monday, July 10, 2006

Big, big news

Well, my other big secret is finally officially out, though it's been something of an open secret for a while, and it's not as if I was really involved in this one.

Anyway, the front-page headline from the July 7, 2006 issue of the Ringing World:

Trinity Church, Wall Street, New York
The first ring of 12 in the USA

And from the end of the article:

Work is due to start very soon in New York, the bells will be cast in Loughborough in July and then installation and commissioning is scheduled for October.


Now I just need to drag some people to practice from my office...

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg Russell was telling people at Groton. It sounds very exciting!!!

 
At 11:53 AM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo (insert meaningless intensifier) hoo! I was stunned when Greg told us. What I actually said at the time was "Dang! Now how will we ever get John Danaher to move back to Boston?!"

Cally

P.S. Make that man ring some Kent in hand...

 
At 12:07 PM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Dude! DUDE!!

I guess that makes it the closest tower to me too, or at least the easiest to get to.

Oliver

 
At 2:50 PM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Other* secret??!?!

Cally redux

 
At 12:23 AM, July 12, 2006, Blogger John said...

Yep, it's < 30 minutes from either my apartment or my office. It'll be the closest I've lived to a tower since I moved out of Random.

But before you make any plans, I hear that the expected date for ringable bells is more like the beginning of December. I have a hard time believing that even 5 months is enough to do everything they have to, but the people who actually are involved seem to think it'll happen.

(And the first secret was Google Spreadsheets, which is also not so secret anymore.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home